TechWeek 2019 Call for Papers
TechWeek aims at providing a platform for experienced engineers in the respective fields of Networking, Data storage, Security and or Internet Services (DNS, Email, Web, etc) to share their knowledge, challenges and ideas with their peers and also with upcoming engineers who may wish to pursue similar career paths. The TechWeek Programme Committee would like to invite interested speakers to submit presentations for the upcoming TechWeek 2019 scheduled for the 3rd and 4th of October 2019.
The TechWeek Conference seeks Technical Presentations on the below topics:
- IPv6 Routing, transition, deployment and management, Software Defined Networking / Network Function Virtualisation, Integration
- Internet backbone operations and deployments: Access and Transport Technologies, including Cable/DSL, LTE/4 or 5G, wireless, metro ethernet, fibre, segment routing
- Community Networks - design, deployment, management
- Email: AntiSpam, Bulk Email Provisioning, Bulk Email Management
- DNS: DNSSEC/ DoT/ DoH deployments
- Automation and deployment technologies (Ansible, Vagrant, etc)
- Web: Bulk provisioning and Management
- Deployments of Storage Platforms and File Systems (eg AWS, ZFS, Ceph, etc)
- Content & Internet Service Delivery solutions (Multicast, Voice, Video, "telepresence", Gaming), OpenStack and Cloud Computing
- Internet and Network Security deployments
- Mobile device/mobile commerce security solutions
- Technical implementations to improve Internet Safety
- Presentations on Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Research on Internet Operations, Services and Internet Measurement
- IoT deployments and use cases (smart meters, smart homes. sensors, etc)
The Timelines for the Conference are as follows:
- Call for Papers Opens --- 23rd July, 2019
- Final Deadline for Submissions --- 16th September, 2019
- Draft Program Published --- 25th September, 2019
- Final Program Published --- 30th September, 2019
- Final Slides Received --- 30th September, 2019
How to submit a presentation
All presentations must be submitted via the submission portal: https://papers.techweek.co.ke/user/login.php?event=101
for review by the Program Committee. Draft presentations can be submitted for review. Kindly submit all draft or complete slides in PDF format by the 23rd of August.
To be able to upload, please create a user by clicking “Create New Account” and following the subsequent steps. You need to provide a working email address as you sign up. Then proceed to Click on “Make Submission” then:
- Add the Title of the presentation
- Add a brief abstract
- Upload the file (please use PDF, maximum size is 20MB)
- Select “Conference” as the Track
- Select “Conference” as the Session
- Click Submit
Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline.
Presentations will be reviewed by the PC and applicants notified of the PC decision. Presentations that do not qualify for the main conference sessions but deemed important by the PC may be considered for short “Lightning Talks”. Also, the PC may retain a limited number of slots up to the final submission deadline for presentations that are deemed of high importance or value to the audience.
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Programme Committee by e-mail at: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving the proposed presentations..
TechWeek 2019 Programme Committee